Review: Warped Tour 2009 in Cleveland, OH


Covering this for ACRN.com made me realize how much I weep for growing music lovers (says the girl whose official gateway band was Sum 41 - though I still think they're alright). I couldn't fathom the appeal of some of the most looked-forward bands on the tour's roster, and some of the attitudes I encountered made me dash for fresh air. But "some" is only a handful of bands on this tour.
Talking to a lot of people working backstage and fellow crowd dwellers enriched my perspective on the Warped Tour. Encountering naive 16-year-olds took me back to my last Warped experience as a crowd member in 2005.

The Warped Tour has shown miniscule wear and tear from 15 years as a music juggernaut. Although traditional acts like Bad Religion and NOFX keep its tradition alive, a new evolution of genres are now taking over to refresh the scene –- for better or worse.

Click here to read the rest of the review. This was posted on ACRN.com on September 30th, 2009.
Photo by: Charles Yesenczki

No comments:

Post a Comment