ACRN SCENE AND HEARD: What rock competition? High schoolers just want to have fun!


The last time I stepped foot in my high school was my 2007 graduation. Since then, it hasn't even crossed my mind to go back - except to pick up my senior yearbook and say my gratitudes toward teachers who really meant a lot to me. Because 3/4 of my siblings currently attend the school, I thought it'd be fun to return and check out this year's battle of the bands. It greatly exceeded my expectations and past AHS battle of the band experiences. I write about it here:

On the contrary, I don't see anything wrong with it, because this was the most spirit-filled, enthusiastic Battle of the Bands I have ever seen. Seriously, where DID all this enthusiasm come from?! Each band, regardless of how good they were, managed to cover the floor with spectators. In return, the spectators flailed their arms, shamelessly sang along and pushed to the front to touch their classmate's hand and warm their hands in guitar solos. During the second half of the show, I grimaced every time a wave of bras catapulted their way on stage. I didn't want to know from WHO they came from, but I was in panic when one made its way towards me. There are two cops in patrol. I am an adult. I'd rather not deal with them at a high school event.


Click here to read the rest of the entry. This article was published in ACRN's Scene and Heard on March 8, 2010.



No comments:

Post a Comment